Friday, February 10, 2012

Pinterest Challenge - Teriyaki Chicken

So I took the easy way out again today, well sorta. I went for another food category for my pinterest challenge. I picked a crock pot dish to make for today as I love using my crock pot. I also went for another chicken dish. I'm a very picky eater and don't like alot of foods, but I do love chicken.

For today's challenge I picked Teriyaki Chicken from  this great link on how to prep freezer bags for crock pot recipes. I purchased all the stuff to make up the two bags and stored one in the freezer for a later date. Its such a genius idea, I love simple and practical ideas.

I threw all the ingredients in my crock pot before shuffling off to work and came home to a glorious smelling house. Only problem was I got home later than expected so the chicken cooked a little longer than I planned. The chicken came out a little tough, next time I will use the tenderizer to beat the tar out of it before I throw it in the freezer bags, or the crock pot. Overall though it was a very tasty dish. I have no rating from the hubby department however as he wasn't home this evening to try it, he can eat the leftovers tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment