Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pinterest Challenge - Organization & Chores

OK I am back, it has been a crazy week but I have returned. With the tragic loss in my mom's group and 2 sick kids at home (one with whooping cough and one with an ear infection/sinus infection) this week sorta slipped past me. The weekend is now here and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things, so here we go

Today was a two for, well technically a three for as I made some more baby food but I will just talk about the 2 projects we did today from Pinterest.

First up an organization project, as that is one of my goals this year to get more organized. I saw this Tension Rod Bottle Holder idea to get rid of some of the clutter under your sink. I have to say it worked out pretty darn good and I am happy with the results. It gives me easy access to my bottles and gets them off the floor to put other things under the sink.


Next up a project for my 9 year old. Mornings and some afternoons have been a struggle with her. She gets distracted and "forgets" what needs to be done to get ready for before and after school. I saw this idea for a chores checklist Originally I was going to make it so she could put her chores on it but I decided to twist it up a little bit and make a list of tasks that need to be completed daily.

I picked up some 1.00 clip boards at Staples and let her paint one anyway she wanted. Next we sat down at the computer and put together a list of her daily tasks that need to be completed. We came  to a conclusion if she completes all the tasks on the list for the 5 school days than she would earn an allowance at the end of the school week. This is going to be an additional allowance to her normal weekly chores allowance. I'm hoping this will help with the battles in the morning and I wont have to be such a drill Sargent. We will see how this goes and will be ongoing. I do have to say she did a great job on her clipboard however.





No comments:

Post a Comment